Roland D20 help

Forum for D-50/550 and other D and U synthesizers from 1980-1990's
notarolandaccount

Roland D20 help

Post by notarolandaccount »

Hi I came to ask about a Roland D-20 that my mom bought. She bought it a few years back and it was broken when she bought it. It won't play any sound when you turn it on, and the LCD display only shows black squares. We got some guy to check it and he said that it just need to get connected to a speaker, but I don't know what kind of connector to use or if what that guy said is legit. Can anyone help me with this?
Synthtron

Re: Roland D20 help

Post by Synthtron »

Did you try using headphones in the headphone jack? As far as connecting to anything what are you trying to connect to?
The outputs of the D-20 are 1/4" Jacks so it depends what you are hooking up to.

The display not showing any information when powered on is not a good sign. Not sure but It could be dead.
Cranehill

Re: Roland D20 help

Post by Cranehill »

Greetings from Finland.

I recently came across and old D-20. These devices are not in my area of expertise at all. It seems that all the buttons work and keys are functional. But the thing is, that I can here sounds only with my headphones on. Everything works. When unplug everything is muted. Is something broken or is there somekind of setup problem?

Thank you

Tero