Keyboard Amp for Fantom G

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Arctica

Keyboard Amp for Fantom G

Post by Arctica »

I'm planning on picking up the G soon, but I'm wondering what a good quality amp under $600 and over 120W would be. I'm eyeing the Traynor K2, Peavey Kb5, maybe a Roland...any ideas?
Arctica

Re: Keyboard Amp for Fantom G

Post by Arctica »

What is everyone else using?
jstorms

Post by jstorms »

If you need an "all in one" look at the Peavy KBs or if you're strapped for space... take a look at the Roland Cubes. There are countless numbers of amps on the market. I refer tube amps and like the Vox Valvetronix. Take a stroll thru ebay search and type in keyboard amplifiers or instrument amps. MF, ZZounds,Musiciansbuy,Sweetwater all have tons of reviews on different amps and the customer reviews can give you an idea of what applications they will work with and the quality of the sound.
good luck! j
mirkos

Post by mirkos »

roland kc 350 , great amp,using it for years.Be aware,its mono ! But you can buy 2 of them,and link them up (but this would be over your budget right now).
dougdixon

Post by dougdixon »

I'm just about to buy a keyboard amp myself and have checked out specs ect on the net. I've been using a Peavey KB100 for the passed 15 years and it has been great, BUT in is very heavy so I am looking at the new Hartke KM range of keyboard amps. Look good on paper (or screen as it where!)
I don,t know anyone who as used on yet.