Noise.io - REAL Synthesizer for the iPhone

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
wodeh

Noise.io - REAL Synthesizer for the iPhone

Post by wodeh »

Ahoy folks!

I've been a little quiet in the Clan lately, have sold my Fantom X8 and haven't had much time to crank out professional audio reviews... until now, that is!

I've been playing with Noise.io for the iPhone over the past week or so and it's absolutely mind-blowing what it can do. Unlike the competition it's a genuine synthesizer you can fit in your pocket. Think Kaoscillator!

If you have a KP Mini they would make a great couple!

Review: http://www.gadgetoid.com/2008/11/05/noi ... er-review/

App Store Linky (It's only $9.99!): http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 67228&mt=8
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Noise.io - REAL Synthesizer for the iPhone

Post by Artemiy »

I actually had a look at it and found the user interface unnecessarily complex. Is it easy to use in reality? Too bad Apple doesn't allow anyone to provide a demo, even though at ten bucks it's not that much.
wodeh

Post by wodeh »

It's more than worth the ten bucks, and I found it quite easy and simple to use despite the interface looking quite overwhelming. It's one of the few things for which I have actually been motivated to create my own patches.

There's a free version coming soon which will act as a demo. And version 1.1 is due out very shortly, adding scales to add a whole dimension to performances.

It's a cracking good app, I suspect you would be able to get your hands on a provisioned (full) version for free as your input would probably be highly valued by the developers.
andric

Post by andric »

That's really cool. Now I want an iphone;) Sounds much better than the kaoscillator to my ears!
Redrain

Nlog for iPhone

Post by Redrain »

I like polyphonic synth...
The best for me is NLOG !!
It remember me a prophet 5 !!
Try it !