LIFE IS FUNNY

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
V-CeeOh

Re: LIFE IS FUNNY

Post by V-CeeOh »

...I see stores crowded with professional keyboard players waiting in line to trade their Motifs, M3s and Fantoms for a YPG-235...
chicks

Post by chicks »

sorry chick corea i misunderstood you...

LAZERFIST:
Though sound is very subjective, I think most well educated , experienced musicians would disagree with you... and I personally prefer my Fantom... but if you like the $240 Yammy better, by all means do your thing...

But if you were to say that Yamaha's Mo', S, or Motif series sounds better I would understand your point of view, but it is definitely crazy/ slightly troll-like to say Yamaha's $240 keyboard sounds better... You can't possibly think that they made those clips with the 6 track sequencer and 32 note polyphony

I hope you're not a troll...
da-man

Post by da-man »

anyone who reckons you can have a sound, magic button or synth that will sound like a pro record ............

There are too many things that go into a studio produced single or LP that will not be in one bit of gear for the next decade at least.

There is no magic button or magic piece of gear.

I don't mind some of yamaha or casio sounds (i have a casio synth workstation) but to use them like a workstation or edit the sounds is way too complicated.

I have the x8 and I love the way I can patch edit and create or edit any pad sound I want.

So if you like some of yamaha sounds... well use them. I still use some of Casio's ones but wouldn't replace my X with them.
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

da-man

can't argue with that bro ;-)

Too many other people on this site like to spend their time shooting down others for not worshiping Roland. So i like to wind the ..........s up.
ps. I used the YPG-235 as a example, i was just making a point on sound, (after all that's what it's all about).
To preach Yamaha user's are gay is just stupid, despite it's cost the Motif is the best selling workstation, why?, the sounds baby. It's got it were it counts most. Even the Tyros 2 and 3 are being brought by people who would once look at it and said, "i've out grow those stupid home keyboard crap". Why?, the sound baby.
Wake up call!

Most people buy their board for one reason, the SOUNDS.

The fact that they get pissed off and result to being rude instead of comparing the sounds speaks volumes about them and their machines.

Iam not a hater, iam just telling it as it is. I have feel will, i decide what to want to buy, not some sales team who mind controlled brand loyality got you //DELETED BY ADMINISTRATOR//.
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

"...I see stores crowded with professional keyboard players waiting in line to trade their Motifs, M3s and Fantoms for a YPG-235... "

nearly right

"...I see stores crowded with professional keyboard players waiting in line to trade their M3s and Fantoms for a Motifs and Tyros"
heartzz_on_fire

Post by heartzz_on_fire »

hehehehe.. this guy is nuts.. Never mind. ok professional keyboardists come to trade in their "Fantom's" & "M3's" for a yamaha YPG 235. Happy ? :D hahahaha.. Joke of the Year 2008
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

LAZERFIST, if you use these kinds of words again, I will have to delete your message. Your argument is understood but please express yourself politely.
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

Artemiy
Sorry about that
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

heartzz_on_fire

Please look 2 places above your comment, read carefully, thankyou.

Who would trade a £1500 board for a £250? no one. I was just making a point about the quality of sound. Please go back to the start and read carfully. You should notice that the name Tyros 2 and 3 Psr s900 comes up.

If you still struggling, feel free to reply and i will take you through it step by step.

All the best love lazer
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

Just say the Motif and Tyros are better sounding, admit it.

Anyway off to work, speak to you later.
;-)
heartzz_on_fire

dude dont try to teach me abt wht sounds better. And dont even try to compare a yamaha Psr s900 or a YPG-235 to a Workstation Synth in general. Dats the most stupidest thing one cud say. Just because there is a set of 8 to 9 so called "Sweet Sounds" on yamaha, cant be justified in comparing tht to a workstation synth. And note im not refering to only a "Fantom" im refering to most of the workstations in today's market. I wud agree to ur point of ppl trading their M3's and fantoms for a Motif or the other way around but never a arranger to a workstation synth. You r comparing 32notes polyphony to 128notes polyphony. You r comparing 32 MB of wav rom to 256 to 400plus MB of Wavrom. So watch out on wht u say.
LAZERFIST

Post by LAZERFIST »

"So watch out on wht u say"

SomeboDy save me. LOL
heartzz_on_fire

haha dont get carried away. But just think twice and do some research atleast before u can even talk something like tht on the forum.
chicks

Post by chicks »

my personal assessment of Hardware Pianos...

Yamaha's piano instantly sounds GREAT...
Roland's piano sounds more authentic if placed next to an acoustic piano...
and I wouldn't buy Korg based on their piano sounds...

I own gear from all 3 manufacturers and love them the same yet for different reasons...

Most of us understand that you have your own opinions and preferences, but we can have a civilized discussion on the topic... you don't have to make the most ridiculous, silliest claims to provoke an argument... thats like poking a sleeping tiger just to see what would happen... it just makes you look like a troll and your future posts will be regarded as nonsense...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

heartzz_on_fire:
Dats the most stupidest thing one cud say
Our condolences go to the family of our great Spelling Gofur which passed away while reading this message...