Controller keyboards with 61 keys & 9 sliders

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Andy Keys

Controller keyboards with 61 keys & 9 sliders

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi,

Has anyone got one of these boards?
I'm looking at the M-Audio Axiom Controller keyboards among others.

Can you tell me your impressions of whatever you've got, please? Build quality, ease of programming the controllers etc.

I'm after a board with 9 sliders to run a Hammond emulator live.

Thanks & regards
Andy
mdsonic

Re: Controller keyboards with 61 keys & 9 sliders

Post by mdsonic »

Edirol PCR 800 is a great controller, just replaced my axiom with one. Great controller surface and much better keyboard feel than the M-Audio in my opinion. I use it with B4 and other synths.....
comradec

Re: Controller keyboards with 61 keys & 9 sliders

Post by comradec »

I went in the other direction, replacing my PCR with an Axiom. The PCR is far too fiddly to configure and the so-called pads are a waste of time - uncomfortable to use and unresponsive. I've found the Axiom much easier to set up with whatever DAW I want to use and the pads are a pleasure to play on. The Axiom's keys are also higher quality and, personally speaking, I prefer the 'traditional' separate pitch-bend and modulation wheels of the Axiom to the Roland-style all-in-one joystick (although that's something I tolerate on the Fantom-G).

I see that a new, upgraded version of the Axiom has been announced at the Winter 2009 NAMM show: http://www.maudio.co.uk/index.php?do=pr ... fec74c3746. Not so keen on the new colouring scheme but the spec looks pretty impressive.