Amp/monitor

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
shauncx1

Amp/monitor

Post by shauncx1 »

Hi All,

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

I need some advise on amps/monitors. I am fairly new to this so please baer with me.

I have the following in my set up.
SH201
Juno G
Korg Micro X
Sony Vaoi laptop

I run this to a sub mixer, then a compressor, then my rubbish second hand Carlsbro hornet amp then a line out to a Mackie desk to the PA.

Can anybody recommend a bi amped amp? The guy in the local shop said i should go down the bi amp road. He said i am sending a complex signal and need something bi amped.

Having spent a small fortune on all this i am on some what of a small budget to pick up a new amp. I reckon i have about £200 to spend. I have looked at the TAPCO 15 Thump and the reviews appear to be good. In a year or 2 i plan on spending £800 on something better, but in the meantime your thoughts please.

Cheers,

Shaun
PauloF

Re: Amp/monitor

Post by PauloF »

Hi shauncx1,
Sorry about changing the subject, as I know that you asked for Amp ideas, but I saw your gear and your MicroX got my attention, and could not helped it !!!
I would like to know you opinion about the Korg MicropX, how you use it, as I'm thinking in buying one to be used as synth module for my setup. I'm specially impressed by the dual poly arpeggiators, the size and the computer integration, but I would like to have a user's opinion.

Thanks in advance
PauloF

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year
shauncx1

Micro X

Post by shauncx1 »

Hi,

I only got it last week and have used it once so far in rehearsal.

I have been looking to getting one for some while now. The patches are awesome. I play in a band where we do lots of Hawkwind and our own blend of space rock. It has some great moving pads. The appredgiator is great. I also got it because it will sit nicely on my desk as a controller for Cubase.

Have a good Christmas and New Year yourself.

Shaun