Mipa award 2009! workstation

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
en76

Mipa award 2009! workstation

Post by en76 »

goes to Yamaha motif xs. Am I missing something here or its all bias voting?
You know what this means....more sales will be heading to Yamaha motif xs.
Flumpster

Re: Mipa award 2009! workstation

Post by Flumpster »

Congratulations Yamaha. Keep up the good work.
jessej

Post by jessej »

Congratulations Yamaha!

Competition is a good thing, it keeps companies developing and making their products better!

Was there any mentions why they thought it was a better workstation than the Fantom G & the rest?
korg1

Post by korg1 »

Obviusly because it is a more whole complete keyboard. All the sounds are ready to play without twinkings.factory presets are way more wellmade on motif xs .

Personally,i think that if motif xs had the same weight and dimenssions as fantom x i would buy motif xs.
en76

Post by en76 »

didn't read through but did check out the demo and I c why! it seems complete for what it intended to do so yeah congrats to Yamaha on that.
won't be surprise if they come out with even more rams just to be able to compete in numbers or so.
en76

Post by en76 »

perhaps a new series of motif is in the way which I will bank on that. now, its too late to dive into it but certainly looks complete to me.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

I don't know anything about Motif owners' opinions but I have the feeling G owners would have completely freaked out if they were Yamaha fans and going from ES to XS. No matter what have been lost from X to G is pale in comparison to the lack of expansion boards on the XS. Even if it's the best sounding board at this moment (which I doubt it) it will soon become sonically obsolete, 'cause the music industry evolves in huge, giant steps nowadays. At least the G has room for improvement. Best presets? I'd buy the Tyros 3 instead...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Moved to "Other Gear". Please make sure to post in the proper section next time!