Keyboard Stand Wanted with Laptop Holder?

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Waynester

Keyboard Stand Wanted with Laptop Holder?

Post by Waynester »

Hi guys, i have a Fantom X8 and Motif ES7 Keyboard

at present i`m rehearsing with my new covers band and would find it much easier using a laptop displaying Lyrics for each song that i`m singing, just until they have sunk in my brain..! lol

is there such a keyboard stand available that can hold both my keyboards, has a microphone boom attachment built on it, and also a laptop holder attached?
or can you suggest an alternative way of sorting this all out?
SammyJames

Re: Keyboard Stand Wanted with Laptop Holder?

Post by SammyJames »

Wayne:

Try finding an old QuikLok WS-500 system. I'm unsure of whether QuikLok even exists anymore, and whether you might be able to find one at a local music store or by searching on-line retailers.

I own the bare-bones WS-500, which I have supporting my table (see several posts elsewhere in this forum showing my gear setup).

The cool thing about that system is that, if you have several of its components, you can create your own workstation. It is pretty light-weight too, and relatively sturdy.

The only other way to do what you are suggesting is to buy something like a VersaTable laptop cart. That would be sturdy, but it would be somewhat heavy and a bit ungainly.

Those are my suggestions. Good luck figuring out what will work for you. I feel for you with respect to your quest for ergonomic nirvana; I'm still in ergo-hell.

- Sammy
da-man

Post by da-man »

can you weld?
pianoman41

Post by pianoman41 »

The other thing you can do is go to the percussion section of a music store and get a holder for one of the 'brains' from an electronic drum kit. Most of the brain units are about the footprint of a laptop and they have adjustable piping to mount to a rack or cymbal/tom stand, which is similar to most tubular keyboard stands. They also have several different pipe clamp attachments so you can find one that will fit your stand.

Alternately, stores that sell big band percussion will also have a mountable 'trap table' which is used to hold small percussion instruments (like maracas, claves, triangle, tambourine, etc). These flat tables are about the size of a music stand (minus the legs) and should be mountable via the same mounting methods described above.
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

vismus

V-Stand w/laptop holder

Post by vismus »

Ultimate Support V-stand has the options you're looking for.
Would not recommend the mic boom as any vibration thru the stand will show up in the mic.
I use the stand and second tier. It's a bit heavy but is solid, strong and sets up very fast. Roland has the same stand and both are manufactured by Ultimate. You can get it in black, white (!) and silver (Roland's version.)
Tom

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/sc. ... gory.20/.f
Waynester

Post by Waynester »

thanks for that, so WHY do Ultimate make a Keyboard Stand with a Microphone Boom attachment, if when you put a mic on it, it comes through the mic itself?
i have this problem already with my Quiklok Setup on stage
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Waynerster!

Check out this link if you wish. I was just thinking that this might be a better option, as it gives you greater flexibility as to the placement of your laptop.

Cheers! =)
PiaKnowGuy
Please watch my Boogie duet for one! - BOOGIE!

PiaKnow
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Arjan:

Thanks for that link. Some of those workstation kits look useful.