Should I buy this?

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
mr. claudio

Should I buy this?

Post by mr. claudio »

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-Line ... 1437916.gc

I have a Tascam audio interface but I often have trouble with glitches and pops (no matter what setting or buffer size I try) I figured this usb to dual 1/4 inch cables might record smoother on a laptop. And I know most of you will say, "Its only 16/44100 quality" But the fantom's sounds quality is only 16/44100 when using the 1/4 inch outputs so It makes sense to me. Anyway let me know if you guys think this is a good Idea for my situation. Thanks
SammyJames

Re: Should I buy this?

Post by SammyJames »

Claudio:

If the Tascam interface that you use is an older device, then the Alesis may work better than what you have now.

In order to determine what would work best for you, you need to provide more information about your system. Tell us about:

- your computer's make and model.

- the amount of RAM, disk space, and processor speed. (Find out also what RAM speed you have, be it 533, 667, or 800 or faster. If you are using a laptop, you might be using 400 or slower RAM as well.)

- the interface that you are using now. If it is old (meaning from before about 2008) then you might have a USB 1.1 interface. The older US-122 had USB 1.1; the newer Tascam interfaces use USB 2.0, and the Alesis product most likely uses the faster 2.0 specification. But you should contact either Guitar Center or Alesis to determine whether it in fact uses 2.0.

Take care.

- Sammy