Piano type case for Fantom 8???

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
reason_one

Piano type case for Fantom 8???

Post by reason_one »

Looking for something more substantial then just a stand. Does anyone know of anything existing thats out there or do I have to make one out of an old piano?
SammyJames

Re: Piano type case for Fantom 8???

Post by SammyJames »

Reason:

You seem to be indicating that you are looking for a very nice-looking stand. If by substantial you mean "durable," then Quklok makes many fine products that will easily hold the F8 without it dropping down into your basement. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a nice looking stand, then yes, you'll have to make one -- or troll the Internet to find someone who makes nice looking furniture for keyboards. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Sammy
Sprockett

Post by Sprockett »

Omnirax makes some pretty interesting stuff, and because you mentioned making it out of an old piano I thought the Aria stand might be like what you're looking for. I can't speak for it's quality specifically, but a local studio I freelance in uses one of their Synergy series console setups and it's fantastic. They are expensive though, and they're located in California so if you're not close I guess the shipping would be a killer as well.

http://www.omnirax.com/index.php/DisplayProduct/0-81
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Yes, Sprockett -- right on. I had forgotten about that stand, and yes, it looks nice. As for the quality, I would trust Omnirax. They've only been around for forever, and I used to own an Omnirax piece that was very well-made. It was wrong for my studio at the time, but if I had needed it, it would have served my needs very well.

Sammy