Problem with polarity hold-pedal on Evolution midi-keyboard.

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
CJ

Problem with polarity hold-pedal on Evolution midi-keyboard.

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Hope this subject belongs here :-)

I have an Evolution MK-361 keyboard and plan to use it live as addition to my Fantom X7.

Everything with midi-setup etc. flows nice, easy to set the midi-parts and have them controlled by the Evolution.

But here's the problem:

I plugged a sustain-pedal into the Evolution but the problem I get is (I guess) a polarity-problem.

As soon as I plug it in and touch the keys, the sounds keep holding on, without even having pressed the footpedal. But when I do press the footpedal, the sustain stops and I have to keep it pushed down to play 'freely' on the keys without sustain. And yes, when I release pedal the sustain comes again :-(

The pedal itself does not have a switch for + and - . On the front-panel of the evolution I see that Controller nr. 064 takes care of the Hold-1 pedal. Until now I haven't found out yet how to get to these preferences in the Evolution.

Does anyboy know what could be the solution to this ?

Thank you

CJ
da-man

Re: Problem with polarity hold-pedal on Evolution midi-keybo

Post by da-man »

Not sure how to fix that problem BUT one idea might be to try a pedal with a differnt polarity and see if it works. You could also quite easily swap the wires around inside your pedal (if you are okay with soldering iron) and reverse the polarity.

At least then you will know if it is a polarity problem.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Thank you for your reply da-man,

I tried all three pedals that I have, but I guess they all have the same polarity :-(

I don't wanna take the risk of soldering inside a pedal, so let's see what more I can do to fix this problem.

But anyway thanks
S-E-A

Post by S-E-A »

There doesn't appear to be a 'setting' on the keyboard to swap polarity.

If you are not willing to swap the wiring on one of your three sustain pedals you have two choices:
1) Buy a pedal which has the correct polarity.
2) Buy a pedal which has changeable polarity.

I know what I would be doing...