Electronic Drums

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
dustyhill

Electronic Drums

Post by dustyhill »

I am looking at adding a electronic drum set to hook up to the Fantom G. Have any of you had any problems or suggestions. I have played so much drums, in the last few years, that I would rather record with a set instead of my fingers or build one from a stock midi sequence.
I AM

Re: Electronic Drums

Post by I AM »

can't understand your question.... you need a drumkit or sequence(midi ?)???
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

I think he wonders how many people have a set of V-Drums hooked up; to which I would fathom a guess at none. They look pretty cool and I'm sure they work, but d**n I'm limited for space already.

Booka Shade plays a nice set with V-Drums, but I honestly have not seen them in action anywhere else.

ps. Wrong forum ;)

Thanks, Dbijoux! I wasn't sure whether to put this thread in 'Fantom G' or 'Other Gear'. The decision is . . . PiaknowGuy
dustyhill

Post by dustyhill »

I AM, Some of us Fantom G owners play more then just keyboards. I'm a lead guitar player, Bass Player and a Drummer. I also have been a High School Band Director so I also play all the horns. What I was asking if any were using Electroic Drums with the Fantom G and if they had any problems with the midi setup, etc. I am working on a CD and I really don't want to play the drumparts on the Keyboard, I'm just too good of a drummer and would rather use a set not the keyboard. dusty
dustyhill

Post by dustyhill »

dbijoux, Take a look at the message I sent to I AM, I understand the space problem, I don't have my 9 piece drumset put together very often either. It comes out when I perform and that is just about it. But I do have space for a Electronic set and being a drummer I would perfer to put down tracks on a kit. I could mic my accustic set, I do have the gear to do that but what a headach. Thanks for aswering. dusty
thextreme1

Post by thextreme1 »

I have an 18 piece TD-20 V Drum set and love it. You will never match the nuances you can capture with any electronic set over using keys. It also allows you to come home and take out a days frustrations. :) Definitely worth it, if you have the cash... just make sure you get a decent drum brain. Pads can be found cheap on Ebay and dont have to match the drum brains branding.

I suggest it to anyone looking to produce their own music, as drums are fairly easy to pick up(learn) and it will allow you a lot more freedom(and be more fun).