Yamaha S90Xs

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
madAhorn

Yamaha S90Xs

Post by madAhorn »

I played on of these at Guitar Center last night. A few Piano's to choose from is not enought for me first of all. I was not very impressed by the Pianos. Later I tried the Yamaha MO8 just for fun. Much better usable Piano for me.

Secondly, when playing a black note song, my fingers would often hit the faders and change their value...

Needless to say, I would never buy that S90XS.

Of course, Yamaha has come out with the CP series now as well that sounds pretty good in the demos.
Cesarsound

Re: Yamaha S90Xs

Post by Cesarsound »

About the new piano sound, I cannot say much, but the others sounds on S90XS are very good, specially the Rhodes and Hammonds.

I have a S90ES and I love it.

Just my opinion.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

I really liked the S90 ES when I tried it last year. I was really tempted to buy it.

I have heard a couple other people complain about the New Piano on the XS as well.

You know how that new piano opinion thing goes...

Now, to be totally fair, it was connected to a Keyboard Amp instead of Stereo monitors. I should probably go back and help Guitar Center learn how to set up a keyboard room. We have 4 Guitar Centers within 20 miles from here. None ever have the keyboard room set up correctly!!!
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

If they knew, they would have been keyboard centers :)
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

LOL.

And yet they put all the good Keyboard stores out of business.