Akai guys smoke the right weed!

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Akai guys smoke the right weed!

Post by Artemiy »

http://www.akaipro.com/ipk25

For an Apple-obsessed person that I am, this news is astonishing! Akai introduced the Synth Station app for iPhone/iPod that will feature three synths derived from Micron/Miniak and one drum machine, with full sequencing and effects onboard. Moreover they will release a battery-operated MIDI keyboard which will dock your iPhone/iPod and become a controller for the Synth Station... What a fantastic idea!

They say Synth Station will ship in March for $9.99 and I am really looking forward to it. iPod touch has already changed my creativity quite a bit (in a good direction) and this will make an even harder push, I think.
cheungaryk

Re: Akai guys smoke the right weed!

Post by cheungaryk »

very cool, I have an ipod touch as well and I use it occasionally for live shows. It would be even cooler if it can eventually control other apps other than synth station.

I wonder how this compares to the Ion Idiscover keyboard, which has a similar idea: http://www.itechnews.net/2010/01/12/ion-audio-idiscover...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Wait a sec, they look 100% the same! I think either it comes from the same Akai/Alesis company or Akai licenses the body from them.
cheungaryk

Post by cheungaryk »

oh turns out that they are both owned by Numark, Now the difference is that the iDiscover app has "more than 24 world-class sounds" instead of a synth app. Oh and the color of the keyboards of course.