Guitar midi hardware

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
louis

Guitar midi hardware

Post by louis »

Thinking of buying a guitar midi convertor but not sure what one. I know roland has a few but they are pritty expensive compared to SONUUS-G2M. Have anyone the rolands or the SONUUS-G2M? Im not really sure what to get... i got a old Roland GI-10 but its simply not doing its job very well :(
BudX6

Re: Guitar midi hardware

Post by BudX6 »

Not sure if it's ok to set up private sales on this forum, but....

my son has a Roland GR-20 in perfect shape that he wants to unload.
plays gnarly rock....not interested in all the sound variety available on the GR.
Seems to work fine. I'm a keyboard guy, have posted numerous times on the forum.
I wish he would keep it.....I think it's a good recording tool........................guitar expressions with vibes, voice, organ, etc.
Contact me if interested.
San Francisco
Bud
owingsrus@earthlink.net
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

I have used a Roland GI-10 for years. It always served me really well. You say your's is not working. Are you sure you don't have a faulty pickup?
Roland converter is now is the GI-20 with added functionality and USB. I found it just as usable as the GI-10, maybe with a little faster note tracking but nothing I though worth the upgrade.
I don't know the SONUUS models
louis

Post by louis »

do the newer pickups do the job better? i doubt mine is broken since it have barley been used (was bought back in 95)