KURZWEIL Launches new OS 2.00 update

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
PauloF

KURZWEIL Launches new OS 2.00 update

Post by PauloF »

KURZWEIL Launches new OS 2.00 update,
maybe this is old news for some, but worth mentioning...

QUOTE...
Kurzweil Music Systems
December 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Kurzweil PC3 OS V2.0: A Whole New Instrument

Waltham MA - Kurzweil Music Systems is proud to announce the release of OS V2.0 for the PC3 line. Included are many new features and over 200 new presets, many of which **are the result of direct input and feedback from our customers. V2.0 demonstrates our continued focus on the concept of non-obsolescence by design and our commitment to our customers, which lasts long after a Kurzweil keyboard is purchased.**

One major improvement is the new Intuitive Info feature, which enables the PC3 to provide visual feedback in the display whenever a controller (slider, button, wheel, etc.) is used, letting the player know which parameter is being affected and by how much in real-time. This interactive user interface has been designed to make you feel like you're using a musical instrument, not just a piece of hardware.

The PC3's synthesis engine has undergone a few notable enhancements. Several new V.A.S.T. DSP oscillators have been added along with the ability to edit both keymaps and samples in ROM, opening up even more sonic possibilities than ever before.

"No one else in the industry supports their customers like this", says Mike Papa, National Sales Manager for American Music and Sound. "Over two years after the initial release, the PC3 continues to evolve, improve and grow, letting our customers know that we are committed to non-obsolescence by design."

New presets include acoustic pianos, synths, pads, FM electric pianos, over 100 new drum kits and a comprehensive collection of pipe organ stop settings. Both our KB3 tone-wheel organ simulator and rotary effects have been improved and have been receiving strong positive feedback from our beta testers.

As we move forward with future projects, Kurzweil customers can be safely assured that we will continue to support them and that we're all in this together, for the long haul.
UNQUOTE...

http://www.kurzweil.com/NewsStory.php?id=31
PauloF

Re: KURZWEIL Launches new OS 2.00 update

Post by PauloF »

sorry, double post
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

"Kurzweil Music Systems is proud to announce the release of OS V2.0 for the PC3 line. Included are many new features and over 200 new presets, many of which are the result of direct input and feedback from our customers. V2.0 demonstrates our continued focus on the concept of non-obsolescence by design and our commitment to our customers, which lasts long after a Kurzweil keyboard is purchased."
"As we move forward with future projects, Kurzweil customers can be safely assured that we will continue to support them and that we're all in this together, for the long haul."

I hope Roland is taking note of that!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jan_nl,
That's exactly why I posted that !!!
Atlas5

Post by Atlas5 »

Just upgraded my PC3 about a week ago. What a complicated process. I still think the FG & M3 have more to offer in their current state. While the PC3 does have some excellent patches. It still feels like I am using my old Korg 01W/fd.

But Roland (&Korg) should take note: as this feels like good customer support. I am still waiting for the Motif XS update due any time now.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

I've been listening to PC3 Demo sounds and viewing some Videos, and I was amazed with the board, except for one thing...the user interface, that seems very clumsy and old fashioned compared to the competition. However the EDITOR seems to transform the board in something different...