korg have the future all wrapped up

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
johnc

korg have the future all wrapped up

Post by johnc »

korg will win ever time from now on. simply because of their os. with the oasys they wrote a unique kernal in linux that runs intel chips and they have just kept on developing it. that was the best thing they or anybody else could of ever done. yamaha bring out a new workstation with its own custom dsp and all korg have to do is drop in a more powerful intel chip and quadruple the polyphony simultaneous effects etc. no cost for bespoke chip development that will always be blown into oblivion by intel. they also now develop new synth engines and sell them across all platforms, windows apple i pad or whatever. this produces multiple income revenue streams. kronos 2 next year with tons more features and power running Intel sandy bridge processors. i think i might buy some shares in them.
V-CeeOh

Re: korg have the future all wrapped up

Post by V-CeeOh »

You should also post in the correct section :-P
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

I do not wish to be rude but unless you are a retired stockbroker and under 40, then we can assume that this is your personal conjecture...

WIthin 3mins of reading the korg forums..
a) As a workstation the Kronos is lacking sequencer and audio capabilites.
b) there is no 76 key synth action offering
c) the RH3 keybed action is at best "adequate".. (i declined a cheap SV1 for that reason)
d) you could sarcastically view it as a loaded M3 with a couple of vst thrown in.
e) Yamaha blows it away on acoustic instruments
f) the touch screen will never replace knobs and buttons to the degree it is utilized in the Kronos
g) the IMS-20 on the iPad is vastly superior to the MS-20 on the Kronos.

So, ya need to realise that musicians have as much variety as there are types of cheese.. our choices and needs are different... our buying power, demands, bias and preference are all different...

I mean, lol, if Roland stuck supernatural piano/EP and VA/AP synthesis into one box with the fantom G workstation (and fixed a few things along the way) then this would be an identical post in the Korg forum :)
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

I mean, lol, if Roland stuck supernatural piano/EP and VA/AP synthesis into one box with the fantom G workstation (and fixed a few things along the way) then this would be an identical post in the Korg forum :)
Ah....I don't think so.