Is the Yamaha S03 any good?

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
GabriStuart

Is the Yamaha S03 any good?

Post by GabriStuart »

How's everyone going? I just got back from Orlando, FL...great place to be.

I'm thinking about getting a Yamaha S03 to go alongside my Fantom-S 61. The price is extremely low ($500), and I read that it has a lot of S80 sounds.

Does anyone have one of these synths? Or has anyone ever played one? If so, how do they sound? Are the acoustic sounds realistic (especially the orchestra, woodwinds, brass, etc.)? What about synth sounds?

Could its orchestra/woodwinds/brass sounds pass for real instruments? I'm doing some stuff with a few independent film companies, and they seem to be very interested in orchestra sounds. I'm just not sure if its acoustic sounds can pass for real instruments in a film (as I've never even heard the keyboard before, except for a pretty limited demo song).

I'd love to have a good Yamaha keyboard with some of Yamaha's best sounds, but I have close to no money (I'm getting this with monthly payments from my first $300 job I mentioned last week). Can I get everyone's opinions on this board? I'm also going to stop by the music store tomorrow, so I'll see if they have a demo model.
Thanks,
Henry__________________________
mother of the bride dresses
discount wedding dresses
Wedding Gloves