forget the future..go retro

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Mystic38

forget the future..go retro

Post by Mystic38 »

Three weeks ago i picked up a 2001 Korg MS2000R on Ebay..for $350

I gotta say.. we all have our heads up our butts when it comes to specifications.. this is (laughing) only 2 part, 4 voice!.. and yet I have had so much fun with this thing.. it is a total hands on experience..
So, for all of you folks thinking the kronos, motif xf, FG, or a $2000 mac/pc/daw setup will get you going.. forget the future..go retro.. they had their proverbial poop together 10years ago...what the hell has happened?..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVU_vqaMSU
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: forget the future..go retro

Post by Artemiy »

I can tell you that iPad with GarageBand (audio tracks and sampler), a decent audio interface, and a small VA synth, is what I would have dreamt of 10 years ago, all under $1000.
Actually, with iMS-20, maybe I don't need that VA synth at all. I am having SHIT LOADS of fun with this package (via a real MIDI keyboard of course!). When audio copy/paste will come to these apps... full productions will be totally real.
Mystic38

Re: forget the future..go retro

Post by Mystic38 »

i must agree 100% with the IMS-20.. its good enough reason to buy an iPad right there..though the whole knobs/buttons thing is far better than the touchpad.. I am busy setting up templates on my Novation remote 49SL keyboard for it....