Korg Monotribe

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Korg Monotribe

Post by Artemiy »

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/mus ... ibe-414867

Cool little box, but why doesn't Korg release a full-size synth?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Korg Monotribe

Post by Artemiy »

Here is a better view of the front panel:
korg_monotribe.jpg
korg_monotribe.jpg (48.34 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
vxfan

Post by vxfan »

I wonder if the mini plugs for sync (in and outs) are CV in and outs?
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

I'd love for Korg to do a full size synth as well. I guess they're taking it slow (but at least they're doing it). I read a list of the features here:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/ ... e-details/

And this little box does more than I expected! I think it's safe to say I'll be buying one. The Monotron was the best 60 bucks I ever spent. I think this one is supposed to go for 199€. I don't know what that'll end up being in USD since that equals $283USD.

Edit: To answer the sync question.

Sync Jacks: A Return To Modular

The monotribe provides both Sync In and Sync Out jacks, empowering multiple monotribe units to play and work together for a synchronized performance. Not just other monotribes, either. Audio line level pulses can trigger the Sync Input so the monotribe can be synchronized to a DAW system, for example. In addition, the polarity of the pulse waveform can be changed for both the input and output, so you can enjoy synchronized performance with a variety of equipment equipped with Sync connections.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Well, I hope you get more control on this then what you get over Monotron's filter. Getting it for just more squeeks and growls isn't enough for me. I'll look forward to have my hands on it. But WHY IN GOD's SAKE they insist on that tiny unplayable keyboard???
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Exactly... why wouldn't they release it with a two or three-octave keyboard, like the microkorg?