2-tier stand advice

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
IanR

2-tier stand advice

Post by IanR »

Hello,

I use 2 keyboards on stage with a 2-tier stand. The trouble is - I'm going through stands like there's no tomorrow!

All the stands I've had are fine themselves and the 2nd tiers are probably ok in a static studio set up - but it seems the tiers just aren't designed for putting up & taking down all the time. I always end up with a stripped thread or something which just makes the whole lot unusable! (My current one is a QuikLok QL642 and both threads for holding the upright bars of the 2nd tier in place are now crossed)

Has anybody else had this sort of problem and found a good solution? Or, does anybody know any good 2-tier stands that can cope with being put up & taking down regularly?

Thanks,
IanR
Sprockett

Re: 2-tier stand advice

Post by Sprockett »

I was reading through your post, and I couldn't help but aggressively agree with you on the Q-Lok stands. I went through 2 of them for a studio set up until I gave up and searched the used market for an old aluminum tube A-frame stand. However, you might want to check out the Ultimate Apex line of stands. I have one of the originals and it is still in great condition after having been gigged on for over 10 years. Plus, they fold down to an easy to carry/store/transport size.

I haven't owned any of the newer ones, but I have seen them up close and they still look sturdy. Here's a link:

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/category ... PEX_Series

Hope you find something useful there.
IanR

Re: 2-tier stand advice

Post by IanR »

10 years!? Woah ...this quicklok one only lasted 10 months! I'll definitely be checking the Ultimate Apex stands out - they look great as well.

Thanks for the post, sprocket. I knew I couldn't be the only one with this problem.

Cheers, IanR