Casio AZ-1 Keytar - MIDI-to-USB

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
ler660

Casio AZ-1 Keytar - MIDI-to-USB

Post by ler660 »

Hi,

I have a Casio AZ-1, a classic keytar that I'm trying to connect to a mac and use with garage band.
From what I've seen online, garage band should automatically recognize the keytar - I'm using an M-Audio Uno to connect from the MIDI out of the Casio to the USB jack on the computer.

But, the computer does not recognize the Casio. I'm noticing that the MIDI end of the cable, where it plugs into the jack on the keytar, doesn't seem to plug far enough INTO the jack. I had the same problem in finding an AC adapter that fit - the first one I tried was the right diameter and shape but would not plug all the way in. The jack itself is slightly recessed into the body of the keytar (AC adapter jack AND midi jack).

Is there a similar cable where on the MIDI end of it, there's more silver sticking out? (not sure how else to phrase this...) Seems like I have to find another cable or else try to file down the black part of the cable - or gouge around the recessed jack on the keyboard - so it'll plug all the way in.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, I've been trying to get this damn thing working for a long time!!!
Thanks,
ler660