Korg Volca analog series & MS-20 mini

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
speedtribe

Korg Volca analog series & MS-20 mini

Post by speedtribe »

I was really pleasantly surprised by the MS-20 news previously.
But now even more surprised by the Volca analog box news.

First Montrons, then Monotribe. Now MS-20 mini is coming.
Then next is the Volca Beats, Volca Bass and Volca Keys.
Could this be building up to something bigger perhaps?
Will there be a new Polysix? Or Monopoly? I hope so!

It is great to have timeless analog classics back, renewed.
In the meantime, I am seriously considering these goods.

MS-20 mini Demo & Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJ4GAbKDVk

Volca analog series Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gau7UIzYY0
canefire

Re: Korg Volca analog series & MS-20 mini

Post by canefire »

I am definitely getting the volca synth and the drum machine. I just want to mod it so that it will have individual outputs for each drum part then I will no longer desire a TR909.
I really want to get my hands on it and see if the speaker can be disabled easily or turned off with a switch.

The MS20 is not really my cup of tea would rather buy the Elektron Analog 4. Seems like electron created an analog winner right there.

Cheers,
Ian
wakerickman

Post by wakerickman »

just want to say yes, the volca synths are very good value for money my volca bass cost me £99 . but dont know if any one agrees but the volca bass is much more suited flexable for solo work then the ment to be volca keys, on the voca bass you can set oscs to similtaniosly play 3 seprate octaves wereas the volca keys only 2 also no proper square wave were you can independently select eithe square or saw individuarly for each osc, witch in my opinion for me/my uses makes the volca keys useless. the only problem with the volca bass [witch does make fantastic lead line solos]is that the release time isnt quite as long as i would like but ignoring that the volca bass is an exserlant machine, witch, please note i have no intrest in any "urban" style music for witch it was intended;i am a prog rocker and use the volca bass accordingly. also i used to own a MS20 and dont know why /how popular /desired the synth is , i absolutly hated [never found any one who aggrees with me] its sound/filters [the volca bass/keys uses the 700s filters - i used to own a 700 [not s modle s ] i sold my MS20 20 years ago for £180 ! still not sure how korg have made the volca units so cheap [ie compared to the MS20 ] pehaps they mite have done some custom large scale intigrated circuit chips , mimicking the 700s circitry ? hope some one finds this post interesting/usefull cheers wakerickman
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I had a Volca beats and it's a really nice little instrument, but when I bought a TR-8 I didn't feel the need to keep it. Didn't regret for a moment that I sold the Volca, but if Korg comes with a Volca Minipops I would definitely buy it.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I had a Volcabeats but sold it too when the TR-8 came out. I really wanted a drum machine and the Volcabeats and TR-8 were my first. I do not ever look back at selling the Volcabeats either. It was too simplistic and I am so glad Roland came along with the TR-8 when they did. Good timing for me. I need to figure out what its capabilities and limitations are with chaining patterns.