Gibraltar Keyboard Stands

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Synth Guru

Gibraltar Keyboard Stands

Post by Synth Guru »

Gibraltar is primarily a company that specializes in drum kit stands but the stands can also be used for keyboards. IMHO I think these stands are just plain beautiful and provide rock solid stability. They can be customized to your specific needs and can be expanded to support other gear. I'm damn glad I learned about this company and I thought I would share the info here. In the future I'll definitely be buying a rack from Gibraltar :-)

Here's a video that showcases Ed Diaz 3 tiered keyboard stand.

http://youtu.be/59wU-GwdhdU

Cheers!
Synthtron

Re: Gibraltar Keyboard Stands

Post by Synthtron »

I checked it out. I have Gibraltar stands for my drums so I am a fan of Gibraltar.

Looks great but I'm not sure how practical that stand really is for some people.

Currently I use Jaspers 6 tiers stands in my studio and Apex two tier stands and sometimes a platform stand (single tier) on the side for live use. My performance stands take seconds to setup and do not take up much space on stage or in transport.

I wonder what a curved stand with two synths side by side and a second tier for two more would look like or if it would even work.

Thanks for sharing!
Synth Guru

Post by Synth Guru »

Synthtron wrote:I checked it out. I have Gibraltar stands for my drums so I am a fan of Gibraltar.

Looks great but I'm not sure how practical that stand really is for some people.

Currently I use Jaspers 6 tiers stands in my studio and Apex two tier stands and sometimes a platform stand (single tier) on the side for live use. My performance stands take seconds to setup and do not take up much space on stage or in transport.

I wonder what a curved stand with two synths side by side and a second tier for two more would look like or if it would even work.

Thanks for sharing!
The video just gives one example of the many custom possibilities that one can achieve. They sell some ready made single and double tiered racks but the real beauty is that you can customize your rack 100% by submitting the measurements of your gear and the pipes are cut by the factory based on your needs. If you google search using the picture criteria you can see some amazing designs people have come up with.

These units are also great for designing studio platforms for your speakers, PC, and other gear.

The Jaspers are nice stands as we'll and appear to be very customizable also. For me, I love anything chrome with black bracket accents.

I currently have a couple of Roland single stands and was very disappointed with my On-Stage two tiered stand because I had to drill my own holes in both tiers to get the right height adjustments. With the Gibraltar you don't have that problem since there are no holes to worry about and the brackets are locked in place along the length of the tubular pipes.
mgregory

Post by mgregory »

Holy crap, I've been looking for some way to get custom stands made for years! Totally missed Gibraltar. Thanks for that post!