Has anybody received the Motif ES video yet?

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
Red Winger

Re: Has anybody received the Motif ES video yet?

Post by Red Winger »

Hey TC:

One word: Corcovado. She'll be begging you to buy the ES. :-)

Cheers,
RW
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

Hey RW,

You'll like the features in the New ES ARP at least to check them out as as our resident Guitarist LOL!
Have a feeling even Jobim is beyond my meager keyboard prowess much less a trip to Costa Rica or Rio on my bank account! :(
Good idea though.......good ideas lead to bankruptcy!

Peace,
Tony :D
MK

Post by MK »

The DVD was well produced, but it did nothing to convince me to buy a Motif ES. In fact, quite the opposite. I realize that after having used a Fantom-S88, V-Synth, and Triton Studio there is no possible way I could step down to the antiquated Motif interface. I do not care how good the ES sounds. It is the old way of interacting with an instrument.

I have nothing at all against Yamaha or the Motif ES. My studio has a few Yamaha products in it, and I have owned many more of them in the approximately 20 years I have played synths. I see myself progressing in the opposite direction whereby my studio eventually will be augmented with software-based tools -- things that make interaction easier, not constricted. I just bought the new Adobe Audition, for example. (Formerly known as "Cool Edit Pro".)

That being said, the user interface makes the Fantom-S/-S88 a superior workstation. Buying the S88 is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Hey TC,

I think, on your advice and as soon as my local GC gets an ES, I'll probably hop down to check out the arpeggiator. It will be interesting to see what they have. If it's good, and they put together a MoES rack, then I might invest in it later on. However, have you heard Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist? It's pretty darn cool. Frankly, for what I am looking for, that may be money better spent, as I can do a lot of the guitar parts I want...the ones I can't (or the ones I'd rather do as midi rather than samples, for editing flexibility later) could be done just as easily by VG as by an arp.

Cheers,
RW
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

MK,

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm definitely looking the software tool route rather than much in the way of additional keys/hardware. The Fantom-S covers so many bases, there's not a lot of need for additional boards (IMHO, of course).

Cheers,
RW
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

RW,
Yes, I think the Steinberg VG Acoustic is wonderful and my software alternative for now unless I did buy the ES after my wife leaves me LOL.
The old Mo rack has some nice strummed guitars too.
I want to put a project studio together with more than one workstation but I still love my S88.

Peace,
Tony :D