Has anybody received the Motif ES video yet?

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
FatBoyJim

Has anybody received the Motif ES video yet?

Post by FatBoyJim »

I thought that there would be some discussions about it by now because I thought that it was supposed to ship by the end of July. Am I wrong about the ship date of the video? Have some of you all received it but decided not to discuss it? Maybe Yamaha wants to put it out a week or two before the release date of the ES to keep people excited when the ES actually does come out. If I am right about the ship date of the video not being meet I also wonder if this means that the ES is not going to ship in September as planned? No, I am not trying to be negative toward Yamaha and if I wanted to complain about a company’s lack of getting their product videos out on time, if at all, I would direct that criticism toward Roland.

You the man, Artemio!
MK

Re: Has anybody received the Motif ES video yet?

Post by MK »

I have not received it. The web page says "Shipping in August" so they still have a few days yet. However, the year was not specified.

http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

According to Mike Martin in the following thread, the boards are actually shipping out by the end of the month, so the boards might actually beat out the vids:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimate ... 8;t=007954

Cheers,
RW
MK

Post by MK »

Here is another thread with him in it. Someone sure has incorrect information, either Mike or Yamaha.

http://www.motifator.com/forums/showfla ... o=&fpart=1
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

FBJ,
No, I have not recieved my DVD yet.
I heard some rumors of the ES out by September myself.
If Martin is saying the same thing then THEY BEAT THE APPLE G5 LOL!
Which is supposed to start shipping some orders thursday I hear.
Yammy is smart to push up the date but I would wonder WHY THE RUSH?
Maybe they feel this is the best way to STOP ARTEMIO from turning more Yamy fence straddlers to the DARKSIDE OF THE ROLAND Fantom-S :D?

Peace,
Tony
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Speaking of DVDs, any word on that Fantom-S video manual? Anyone have any other "video manuals" by Roland or any other manufacturers? I want to see how the production quality is and how they set it up - business ideas have been flowing through my brain recently.
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

Good question, Phil! I know nothing more than what I was told by Roland awhile back when they told me that one is being made. Does anybody else know anything more?
Thinking of making a “how to” video I see. I like the way your brain works. I am always thinking of business ideas and ventures. Here in America an idiot like myself can come up with a good idea and give it some hard work and then possibly get rich for doing so. Blah, blah, blah...
I am willing to pay $29.99 for a copy, that is if the production quality is what you allude to of course.

You the man, Artemio!
phunkeyz

Post by phunkeyz »

I never got the Roland demo DVD with the Fantom-S on it... and that wa in March when I ordered it!!! I guess I expect too much, it was FREE...LOL!!!

http://www.mp3.com/thomadams
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

FBJ - I was thinking more generic than one piece of gear at a time. Maybe I'll fill you in on some of my ideas soon, when you and the boys are online and I can make the message "self destruct."
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Hey Thom,

Roland sent me two 2003 new product DVD's. Send me an address to mucsusn@yahoo.com and I'll send the extra one your way
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

You rock, Mucsusn!

You the man, Artemio!
MK

Post by MK »

It arrived today. I have the Motif ES DVD right in front of me as I am typing this post.
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

MK & FBJ,

I recieved my DVD today.
The ES Arp section with it's versatility sounds and looks very intriguing using Unplugged acoustic guitars playing with multi arps and velocities being assigned.
Sounds REAL NICE!
I may yet end up adding the MotifES6 rather than wait for an eventual sound module ES rack?
The navigation still is not user friendly to me but the Full Grand triple strike stereo sounds good!
I could have a ball with the acoustic guitar and MEGAVoice.
Definitely some nice features on this bad boy.
Right off the bat I did think BOY THE FANTOM-S is EASY TO USE though LOL!
I was almost ZZZZZZZing falling asleep at certain moments of the DVD!;-)
Can't wait to try the MoES line out in the stores.

Peace,
Tony :D
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

Hi Tony! I agree with what you thought about the DVD and the Motif ES. Bad boy? Yes. Hard to use? Looked like it.
Good news for those that are interested in this thing. I just read a thread at HC and Mike Martin says that the keyboard has already shipped.

You the man, Artemio!
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

FBJ,
Sorry to hear about poor Artemio by the way.
For me the MoES6 might be a great addition plus I can use the S88 as a controller for the Full Grand etc.
The learning curve might be worth the effort coonsidering some of the Arpegiated acoustic stuff offered.
The guitars using seperate velocities in Megavoice was very cool!
The multiple parts(four different assigned arps plus you can change different velocities) for different strumming sounds was very realistic.
I don't recommend OWNING both the new ES and the Fantom-S but I'd love to have those features.
My wife watched it with me and I'm getting the Mo Rack up in NYC next week as I drive up this Monday with the Fantom-S88 to show it off.
Mrs. Clifton says NO to the idea of either a new V-synth or an ES6 but I learned Lennon's Imagine for her and will explain I need the ES for all the Jobim tunes she likes LOL!
Now I need to brush up on my Portugese.......?
I'll post my impressions of the Mo rack when I get back with it.
Hope you get an update and good news on our BELOVED LEADER,Artemio ASAP!

Peace,
Tony :D