SPD-SX PRO: Getting a Hi-hat pedal to choke correctly with external midi sources

Forum for gear from other manufacturers
KZiN

SPD-SX PRO: Getting a Hi-hat pedal to choke correctly with external midi sources

Post by KZiN »

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble configuring my hi-hat pedal (FD9) connected to my SPD-SX Pro to work with external MIDI sources in my DAW (Ableton). Specifically, I'm struggling to get the choke effect to work correctly.

I've managed to succesfully change the MIDI note outputs on the SPD-SX Pro so that all the other pads trigger correctly in an Ableton drumrack, but the hi-hat is giving me trouble. the choke settings are allready set up in Ableton, and both the open and closed hi-hats have different MIDI notes and choke correctly when played on a keyboard.

I've been going through the menus but haven't been able to solve the problem. It's easy enough to program the choke on the SPD-SX Pro if I were using the internal sounds (using layers), but I don't want to use the internal sounds at all.

If anyone has been able to successfully configure their SPD-SX Pro hi-hat pedal to work with external midi sound source and get the choke effect to work correctly, I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you could offer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.