xp-30 keys... fixed two broke one

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
solst1ce

xp-30 keys... fixed two broke one

Post by solst1ce »

I busted two black keys when transporting my xp-30 (They were laying flat and woudn't return) I ordered replacements (and a spare). I opened the keyboard from the bottom to get to the key bed, moving electronic components without disturbing connections except the cabling out of the key bed itself. that one i disconnected from the circuit board and reconnected after replacing the keys.
now the broken keys are working fine but another key (low Bflat) operates properly to the touch but doesn't sound. I'm thinking that one of the conductors on the end of that keyboard cable didn't seat properly in the connector on the circuit board. any one have any experience with this ?
I downloaded the service manual but the schematics weren't specific enough to break out the conductors on the cable. Does that cable end have one conductor for each key? If so, is there any way to tell what conductor goes to a particular Key

I also tested all functions of the keyboard after assembly and it seems as if the MIDI isn't working- but that's no big deal for me because I never use the MIDI on this keyboard.