JV1010 Help!

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
PaulMidi

JV1010 Help!

Post by PaulMidi »

I have a Roland JV1010 can anyone tell me how to save patch's into the user memory?
Please describe step by step instruction.

Also I put a Keyboards of the 60's and 70's Expansion Board in it and I seem to only have
access to the first 128 sounds while in Wave Expansion mode.

My favorite Wurlitzer patch
on the Expansion Board is in one of the Banks I can't seem to access after the first 128.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks
PaulMidi

Re: JV1010 Help!

Post by PaulMidi »

Just want to say Thanks for all the Help!
Flowing

Post by Flowing »

I get all 256 patches from the Vintage Synth expansion in my 1010; not sure why you wouldn't get all of your 60s/70s patches. You turn the value dial on the 1010 to the right and the patch number just won't increase beyond 128? Or are you changing patch banks via software?

I know of no way to write a patch to user memory using only the 1010. I think you have to do it using the Sound Diver software. If you need help doing it via SD, let me know and I'll post the steps.
PaulMidi

Post by PaulMidi »

What is the user bank for? I'm not trying to edit anything I would just like to get the 2 or 3 patches from the expansion board and a couple of patches from the built in session board all located into the user bank.
I want to be able to have the 1010 in a rack behind me on stage and never have to touch it.
I did get access to all 256 patches on the expansion board. Thanks for responding
Flowing

Post by Flowing »

The USER bank is for exactly what you're wanting it to be for, I think; it's just that you'll need a computer and software to write a patch into the user bank. In SD, you call up the expansion board patch you want, then save it to a USER slot. Because of the lack of options on the front panel of the 1010, the SD software is used not only as an editor for 1010 patches and performances, but also as a librarian for arranging the 1010 banks as you want them. If you need the software, let me know.
PaulMidi

Post by PaulMidi »

Looks like I do need the software. I bought this thing second hand and it didn't come with the software.
Can you tell me where it can be found?
Thanks
Flowing

Post by Flowing »

You can buy a home-burned CD copy on ebay. Or e-mail me at scottmullens@nc-dot-rr-dot-com and I'll see if I can't e-mail you a copy of mine.
BoyOnFire

Post by BoyOnFire »

Ciao a tutti,
quindi questo programma esiste ancora in giro??
io ho letto che funziona solo su win98...
mi date qualche delucidazione?
grazie
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Ho usato il programma su win98. Ora lo uso sul xp di vittoria. È il migliori bibliotecario e redattore che abbia usato mai.
BoyOnFire

Post by BoyOnFire »

Grazie Lenny, quindi tu lo hai installato su win Xp...
ora mi sento meglio, ora provo sul pc di mio padre, non è esattamente un pc fantastico, ma ha pur sempre Xp come sistema operativo...
sul mio portatile ho WIN Seven e una versione virtuale di Xp ( credo parziale, visto che non riconosce alcuni driver come la scheda di rete o la scheda audio integrata)... tu che dici, funzionerà se lo installo sull'Xp virtualizzato?
- non so se sia il miglior bibliotecario, ancora non l'ho provato, ho solo sentito in giro che è un po' articolato da usare... ti farò sapere.
BoyOnFire

Post by BoyOnFire »

Ciao Lenny, finalmente sono riuscito ad reperire il programma...
pensa, l'ho trovato su ebay!!!
hahahah
si, ho speso 10 euro, ma finalmente ho trovato cio che cercavo.
ovviamente ho i driver seriali (quelli della porta COM1-COM2) ed ho anche il cavo introvabile che io comprai piu di 12 anni orsono per collegare al pc un pianoforte della serie HP.
ora ol problema è che non riesco a far comunicare il jv-1010 con il pc.
hai qualche consiglio da darmi?
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Non uso il cavo del PC con JV-1010. Uso l'interfaccia di MOTU Fastlane MIDI. Avete trovato il software di SoundDiver su ebay?