USB-MIDI problem with XV5080

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
gorky

USB-MIDI problem with XV5080

Post by gorky »

Can anyone help me with usb-midi issue?
I've connect usb-midi with my PC and it recognizes cable but when I syncronize data with XV editor and XV5080 I got message that is not connected or incorrect connected...I put IN-IN OUT-OUT on module.
Any advise....would be very nice because I have to play on module in less then month some festival with orchestra.
Please help!!!!!
Thx
Gorky
S-E-A

Re: USB-MIDI problem with XV5080

Post by S-E-A »

Did you try:
5080 Out to USB In
USB out to 5080 in
gorky

Post by gorky »

Yes, also gives me the same message.
Midi channel is 1 and I don't know what is the problem...
But in MIDI setup it gives me choice MIDI IN and MIDI OUT , USB AUDIO DEVICE and USB AUDIO DEVICE 2...but I don't know what that means also
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

First you are talking about the free Roland provided XV Editor? I will assume yes for this

Second your USB MIDI device is INSTALLED in your PC operating system properly (I am not trying to insult you - just checking) ?

Given your last post looks like the physical cabling is correct (USB device Out to XV-5080 IN; USB device in from XV-5080 OUT).

So select in the “setup” -> “setup Midi device” window :

1. This window under “Input:” should show that you have selected your USB devices input midi port (like my MIDIsport 2x2 shows “In-A USB MIDIDPSORT 2x2” since my USB MIDI device has 2 input and outputs one is called A and the other is B – so if you have a multi-port USB-MIDI device make sure it’s the correct one - the port the cables are actually attached to)

Vice versa for the “Output:”

DO NOT select the "USB Audio Device" for either the input or ouput in these editor setup windows

2. Now check that the Device ID listed on the right hand side of setup window (which is a default 17) is the same as on the XV-5080 itself:

“System/utility” on XV-5080 then the F3 button (MIDI) then on left hand side of display under “System Exclusive” it will show, and you can edit/change device ID make it match the one in the editor. While there also make sure that the “Receive SW” is “on”

If all the above is good maybe check the MIDI cable(s) ??
gorky

Post by gorky »

Thx for help.....I'll try and let you know..
gorky

Post by gorky »

..No...still teh same problem.
Everything is ok...exclusive.midi channel,in-out but when i go to syncronize it comes massage that module may not be properly connected?!
It's driving me crazy...