XV Editor faluty BMP for MFX 28 and 51

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
rcraven

XV Editor faluty BMP for MFX 28 and 51

Post by rcraven »

Hi
the XV editor I downloaded from Roland has faulty BMP files for the MFX 28 and 51.
I had a look and they have Sourcesafe ini details and so haven't been booked out correctly.

Anyone have the correct files - in the Editor directory/Script and called "mfx28.bmp" an "mfx51.bmp" ??

Is there a bug report area for Roland software?

Thanks

Royce
szurcio

Re: XV Editor faluty BMP for MFX 28 and 51

Post by szurcio »

Sorry for resurrecting this very old thread but did you ever find the correct bmp files for the XV Editor?

From the synth section of the Vintage Synth Explorer forum:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/xv5050.php

- Do you know that the "XV editor" from roland has corrupt file? "mfx28.bmp" , "MFX51.bmp" file is corrupt so the MFX28 ,51 cant be displayed correctly in the XV editor . i also wrote mail to roland but no answer yet.. anybody has correct file , please share .. thanks

- Roland japan has sent me the correct file , and it works perfect! thanks! if any body want the file, i can share..

I've been trying to contact those people (bersh dj and derrick) via email but no response...
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Hi szurcio
feel free to zip them together and post them here as an attachment.
Go to the FULL EDITOR and you'll see an area to up load the files.

Cheers
Royce
szurcio

Post by szurcio »

No, sorry for misunderstanding - I was just quoting from the Vintage Synth forum. I'm still looking for the correct files and I haven't been able to get in touch with those posters who said they had contacted Yamaha Japan and received the bmp files. I was hoping you have found them as well.
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

I saw this thread and checked my XV- editor - yep those twho MFX have bad bmps (for two MFX I never use) btu I wrote Roland U.S. a few days ago and here is their reply on 17 Aug 17

"Hello...,
We have checked on our side, and do not have these files here in the U.S.
We will ask the Roland Japan folks if these are still available and let you know when they can confirm this for us."

IF they find them and send them to me I will make them available here - but I AM NOT HOLDING my breath Roland Japan will come up with them.

Besides I use Soundtower editor (and those two MFX are fine there) I forget why I bought it way back when to use in lieu of the free XV-editor but I did so...
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

Heard back today - bad news. It is as expected - "no joy."

from Roland USA
"Hello ,
We have heard back from the engineering team in Japan and then have told us that they no longer have these files available - sorry."

So unless someone here had obtained them and make them available - those two MFX will just not be easily or completely editable using the free Roland XV editor
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Replacement BMPs.zip
Replacement for missing XV MFX Background bitmaps
(292.18 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
OK - here is a quick couple of BMPs I cobbled together.
Not perfect, but they work OK for me.

All the best
Royce
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

At least for me, Thanks

those two .bmps work for those two mfx