SR-JV80 Users Country/Special FX/SuperSoundSet/Session/Piano

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
mheuzeroth

SR-JV80 Users Country/Special FX/SuperSoundSet/Session/Piano

Post by mheuzeroth »

Hi,
dear Roland Users. Many Users here can be helped by you.
The User "rcraven" did a very special job. He programmed a Software for converting JV/XV-Patches for the Fantom X. This software made it possible (after many years) that Fantom X users could use the original
SR-JV80 Patches when there is a SRX 06/7/8/9 installed. So thats about 3000 "new" Patches for the
Fantom X.

Now for the Problem:
Roland made the SRX-06/7/8/9 Boards by including the waves from about 4 SR-JV80 boards each. Sadly Roland gave only the Original-Patches from 3 SRJV-Boards with each SRX-Board. The 4th SR-JV-Patches werent given by Roland, because Roland cut a few from the waves of the original SR-JV-Board.
Now with the new Software from "rcraven" it would be no problem to change the missing few waves and therefore expand the library e.G. with country-patches for SRX-09 Users.

Now for your Help:
We need the original Patches of the following SRJV-Cards (best as Midi-file-format but librarian Format will be possible too):

SR-JV80-07 SuperSoundSet
SR-JV80-09 Session
SR-JV80-03 Piano
SR-JV80-15 Special FX
SR-JV80-17 Country

If you are using one or more of this cards, please help. You have to copy the patches to the user-area and export them with the librarian software (best as smf-File/midifile). If you want to help, but arent sure with the procedure i will assist.

It would be so nice and a great gift for the fantom x users.

Please feel free to send me a PM or post here so we can get in contact.
mheuzeroth

Re: SR-JV80 Users Country/Special FX/SuperSoundSet/Session/P

Post by mheuzeroth »

Nobody here who can help?
No SR-JV80 Card owners? If not sure how to help, please send me a private message or post here
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Hi mheuzeroth,
I have all the cards and will be glad to help. I can transmit them to sounddiver from my JV-2080 or XV-5080 and I should have all the patches in midi format for you by tomorrow.

Lenny
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Lenny wrote:Hi mheuzeroth,
I have all the cards and will be glad to help. I can transmit them to sounddiver from my JV-2080 or XV-5080 and I should have all the patches in midi format for you by tomorrow.

Lenny
Lennyis will be a great help. Best is done if in XV 5080 i think.

Thank you very much.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Here are the patches in midi format. Please let me know if you have problems. As you will see, most files were had to be divided since JV-XV units only have 128 user locations.
Attachments
SRJV80 Piano-SSS-Session-SFX-Country patches.zip
(182.94 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Lenny wrote:Here are the patches in midi format. Please let me know if you have problems. As you will see, most files were had to be divided since JV-XV units only have 128 user locations.
Thank you lenny, very much.
Now we are in process of conversion.
we try the best with the country board patches first. after we have found the best way for this work we will take your nice work through the conversion process.
You can take a look at the fantom x board thread.But i will inform on the process here too
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Lenny wrote:Hi mheuzeroth,

Lenny
Thank you Lenny,
Conversation is done now, but there has been some Problems. Problems caused because the SRJV Cards need to be in a Roland XV when saving the patches for a successfull conversation. As you have been so kind and helpful so far an you even have a XV 5080. Would it be possible for you to have the SRJV Cards installed in your XV 5080 while you export the Patches from this machine (XV 5080)?

The Files you sended so far were JV-2080 files which couldnt convert correctly, there must be some little sysex incompatibilities between Roland JV and XV, which shows up when in a last step files have to be converted to the Fantom X.

So my hope is, that you can do this favour for all the fantom X users. Please...
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I installed all of these cards in my XV-5080, and saved the patches in midi format. As you know, each file will load into the user area with a max of 128 locations. Hopefully, they will transfer now to the FX with no sysex problems. Let me know if you need help again.
-Lenny
Attachments
(214.64 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Lenny wrote:I installed all of these cards in my XV-5080, and saved the patches in midi format. As you know, each file will load into the user area with a max of 128 locations. Hopefully, they will transfer now to the FX with no sysex problems. Let me know if you need help again.
-Lenny
Thank you Lenny, your work will help a lot.
Thank god there are so nice users here like you
sulabhbsc

Post by sulabhbsc »

Can I have Sr JV80 -14 patches in either .svd or .syx or .mid format.....