Roland XP-60 Brass sound

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Shyam

Roland XP-60 Brass sound

Post by Shyam »

Hi guys, I'm new here. I have been trying to make a decent brass sound for my XP-60 and it's going terrible.

Can any of you guys help me out on what waveforms to use and stuff, i've tried everything but i can't get it to sound like the sound i've attached. (see attached files, there are two different brasses that i like, i'd like one of them at least.)

Kind regards

Shyam
Attachments
brass 2.mp3
(125.31 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
brass.mp3
(245.71 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Lenny

Re: Roland XP-60 Brass sound

Post by Lenny »

If you're not satisfied with the internal sounds, search on ebay for SRJV80-09 Session expansion board. It has the best brass.
Shyam

Post by Shyam »

I had a look at some expansion boards, but there is only one brass in there and i'm not satisified by it. It doesn't sound like the recordings i've attached in previous post. I want to make something like that with the current boards I have. I already have the usual INTA INTB waveforms and I've also got the Asia, Dance and Vintage board.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

It's true the Session card has more pop sounding brass waveforms. The Latin card SRJV80-18 has some nice brass that may be more of what you are looking for. I have used it for more expressive sounds.