No Midi Function

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
fingers 5

No Midi Function

Post by fingers 5 »

I have a problem being I cannot get any midi in/out function on my xv88. At one time, it worked, and then I had my midi cord snatched out of the ports on the rear. I was told that the motherboard would have to be replaced, but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me how to check this out. I am using the xv88 connected to a M Audio interface, which is connected to my computer via usb plug. Thanks in advance. If you have a simple way for me to check this out let me know.
I am not too sure about how to know that I have it set up right to see if it is in the Midi in/out mode either. The keyboard works just fine otherwise. No problems with any of the other keys, or patches.
Thanks so much,

Fingers 5
Hanon_CTS

Re: No Midi Function

Post by Hanon_CTS »

fingers 5 wrote:I have a problem being I cannot get any midi in/out function on my xv88. At one time, it worked, and then I had my midi cord snatched out of the ports on the rear. I was told that the motherboard would have to be replaced, but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me how to check this out. I am using the xv88 connected to a M Audio interface, which is connected to my computer via usb plug. Thanks in advance. If you have a simple way for me to check this out let me know.
I am not too sure about how to know that I have it set up right to see if it is in the Midi in/out mode either. The keyboard works just fine otherwise. No problems with any of the other keys, or patches.
Thanks so much,

Fingers 5
Hello fingers 5,

On your XV go to System Functions/ Performance MIDI turn Local Off, and Remote On make sure the transmit and receive channels are the same and use a MIDI cable to go from OUT to IN.
Begin playing notes, if you hear sounds, everything's fine, if not, time to call the XV doctor.

I wouldn't think that the MB needed replaced, at worst just the MIDI jack(s) need re-soldered.

Cheers, Hanon
schlitch

Re: No Midi Function

Post by schlitch »

Make sure that the Computer switch is also still set to 'midi' on the rear panel.