Transpose

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
razeontherock

Transpose

Post by razeontherock »

Hi, new member here. I play my XP 60 with a band that drops everything down 1/2 step, so I use the global transpose function. (Press system key, enter setup, top right corner)

This worked fine until we set up to play outside Monday (7/4) on a very bright sunny hot day. Since then it will not transpose no matter how this value is set (range of -6, +5) There is also a key shift function but that does not work with the way I am using my rig.

Another problem I had a little later that same day was the screen flashed and went blank, or rather all pixels lit. That self-corrected with a simple reset via turning it off, getting it out of the sun and turning it back on after cooling a while.

Everything seems to work fine, except the transpose function does nothing, even though the display operates normally. Anybody have any ideas?
rcraven

Re: Transpose

Post by rcraven »

I would probably save everything inside the XP-60 (to a different file) and do a factory reset.

XP-60/80
Press UTILITY, press F6 (MENU) twice to select Factory, then ENTER. Press F6 (EXECUTE). Use the dial to turn Memory Protect OFF if necessary, press ENTER, then press F6 (EXECUTE)

Royce
razeontherock

Post by razeontherock »

Thanks! Working on backing up everything, in triplicate ... hopefully this restores full function
razeontherock

Post by razeontherock »

Ok, I've got data going back and forth from user memory to internal disk. Factory reset does NOT restore transpose function, (even tried it multiple times) is there anything else I can do?

Also, I dumped user data to a computer via midi, but can't seem to retrieve that data. Is an XP-60 capable of this?