xv5050 usb

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
moffie

xv5050 usb

Post by moffie »

I have an xv5050 and i have connected a keyboard which only has midi in/out no usb.
I have connected the keyboatd to midi in and enabled midi thru on the xv5050 and connected midi thru to midi in on the sound card, but when i play the keyboard it has approx 1 second delay.
it is like the keyboard signal goes to the computer and the effect sound from the xv5050 arrive later through usb?

I was wondering why i cant use the usb on the xv5050 as an output? bidirectional
if i select the xv5050 as input in cakewalk it doesnt recieve anything?

If anyone has any ideas to these questions that would be great.
Hanon_CTS

Re: xv5050 usb

Post by Hanon_CTS »

moffie wrote:I have an xv5050 and i have connected a keyboard which only has midi in/out no usb.
I have connected the keyboatd to midi in and enabled midi thru on the xv5050 and connected midi thru to midi in on the sound card, but when i play the keyboard it has approx 1 second delay.
it is like the keyboard signal goes to the computer and the effect sound from the xv5050 arrive later through usb?

I was wondering why i cant use the usb on the xv5050 as an output? bidirectional
if i select the xv5050 as input in cakewalk it doesnt recieve anything?

If anyone has any ideas to these questions that would be great.
Hello Moffie,
When the MIDI-USB Thru is set to ON
MIDI Messages arriving at the MIDI IN connector are output "as is" from the USB connector "basically using it as a MIDI to USB interface", while MIDI messages that arrive at the USB connector are output through the MIDI OUT connector.
When this parameter is set to "ON" the sound generator receives MIDI messages only from the USB connector.
For the sound generator to receive MIDI messages from the MIDI IN connector, the MID Thru function on your computer must be set to "ON" In the Driver configuration in the XV-5050 editor.

Also note that changes for these parameters "in the XV-5050" won't take effect until you've saved the changes (p. 110 of the manual), and then switched off the power and turned it back on.

I do have an XV-5050 but haven't experienced the problem that you report.

Hopefully this will help

Cheers, Hanon
moffie

Re: xv5050 usb

Post by moffie »

Thanks Hanon, i appreciate that.
Thanks
moffie.