Editor/Librarian software for xp50

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Vargz

Editor/Librarian software for xp50

Post by Vargz »

Hi

I recently acquired an xp50 and so far to date I've only played around with the presets. But now I'd like to try to edit patches and save these (as well as all the current presets) to a PC.

Is there any software I can get which will do this? I've searched the forums but haven't seen anything that's specific for the xp50. And if the answer is YES, what else do I need? I have a USB midi interface - is that enough?

Sorry if the answer's already somewhere, but I'm new to user forums and this is my first post (ever!)

Any help would be much appreciated!
thunderkyss

Re: Editor/Librarian software for xp50

Post by thunderkyss »

I know it's easier to ask here, than it is to do a google search, so I did one for you. I entered "roland xp software" in the search window & found this

I also found this for the Roland JV synth... should work with an XP

Looks cool
Vargz

Post by Vargz »

Thanks for responding Thunderkyss - I'll go and have a read of these sites!
Vargz

Post by Vargz »

Btw I should have mentioned that I had also done a Google search and found a number of different software applications - quite a range and a bit confusing! I was also hoping that someone might have had personal experience with one and could recommend on this basis.
Cheers
Vargz

Post by Vargz »

Just for info, I trialled the Midi Quest XL software, and it seems to fit the bill so I've decided to buy it. The XL version will work for lots of different synths including a couple that I have. I'm also told that it replaces the old Sound Diver software which was very popular with DX7 users, of which I am one. I'm looking forward to using it!