XV-5080 sampling

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
keyboardologist

XV-5080 sampling

Post by keyboardologist »

I've recently bought some external gear for using my XV-5080 as a sample player:
a pci-scsi adapter for my desktop pc, an external scsi cd-rom, an external scsi hard drive and all necessery cables to make all equipment work/communicate. I also fulled out the XV-5080's RAM to 128mb (2 x 64mb) and I bought an 128mb SmartMedia. I've done some tests and everything is working, I can see all hard disk's partitions through the pc or the XV-5080 and I can load original AKAI CD samples from the external cd-rom.
I've used the pci-scsi adapter just to format the hard disk, nothing more.

I've read the manual and some websites trying to load my personal audios. The only thing I could figure out is to write a .wav to a CD (CD-RW are not accessible via my cd-rom, what a pity) and then access it through XV-5080, but I couldn't pass the audio file to the hdd (using XV-5080) or make a patch assigning the wav as a playback of a certain note (any key press).

XV-5080, cd-rom and hard disk are in the same scsi chain (each one has a different ID number off course) and I can access either the cd-rom's partitions via the XV-5080, either the hard disk's partitions just through navigating via XV-5080's scsi-options-menu.

Αt first I would like to use some wav files for playback (make a preset out of a wav and assign a note to play it) from the hdd and not the cd-rom and also I would like to "copy" some AKAI presets (via XV-5080) from the AKAI CDs to the hard drive so I can improve load times, creating my own library and not having to carry lot of CDs with samples.

Thank you!