Inter connecting Jv-1010, Korg Nanokey, Audio in and laptop?

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
jv1010midi

Inter connecting Jv-1010, Korg Nanokey, Audio in and laptop?

Post by jv1010midi »

I have the JV 1010 module, a Korg nanokey, a Presonus Audiobox USB sound card/box and a computer, and have been trying to connect them together so that the nanokey will trigger the JV 1010 via the computer.

Here's how I plugged them together which ended up not working, although the Nanokey and the Audiobox Are recognized by the computer, but the JV 1010 is not.

The Nanokey is plugged to one of the computer USB slots. The Audiobox is also plugged to the computer via USB. The JV 1010 is plugged to the Audiobox via midi IN and OUT cables.

The main reason for the computer is for the Nanokey and Audiobox which have USB cables intended for computers. But the JV 1010 has no USB cable so I figured I must plug it into the Audiobox, which in turn goes into the computer, thus have the JV 1010 also be seen by the computer, but it isn't.

So, mainly I'd like to trigger the JV1010 with the Nanokey.
How would you go about in making them work together? Thanks in advance.
rcraven

Re: Inter connecting Jv-1010, Korg Nanokey, Audio in and lap

Post by rcraven »

Assuming you JV In is connected to your AudioBox Out, connections sound right.
If you have a Midi recording program usually there would be a Midi In (NanoKey) and a Midi out (AudioBox).
Most programs have the capability of Midi thru that echos what is coming in from the NanoKey and send it to the AudioBox

Otherwise you need a program to connect your Nanokey to your AudioBox Midi output.
If you use a PC then download MidiOx (free) and join up the two units with the program.
MidiOx should show you the Midi data coming in from the NanoKey .

Royce