Does the JV 1010 have ADSR envelopes?

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
jv1010midi

Does the JV 1010 have ADSR envelopes?

Post by jv1010midi »

I've looked some at the manual pages about editing, but I don't think they mention ADSR envelopes, but do mention effects, reverb and such.

I need to get a longer release on a piano patch. I've heard of the computer based patch editor for the JV 1010 but searching google didn't turn up more than others looking for the same thing only to be answered the company behind doesn't exist anymore, and they too haven't managed to find a download.

I did download jvperform2003 but don't see much of a synth parameter interface, and am not even sure that's what it's intended to be, I just gave it a shot. Does anyone know if jvperform2003 is good for patch editing?

If not, how can I edit the amp and/or filter envelopes on the JV 1010?
jv1010midi

Re: Does the JV 1010 have ADSR envelopes?

Post by jv1010midi »

The sustain of no-replies on this forum is clearly working well. Can't believe how a simple, straightforward question about a device relevant to the forum gets ignored as if something totally unrealistic was asked.

Not like the Korg forums, he he, that are almost always full of users willing to answer.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Sorry that you have been neglected.
I don't have a JV1010 and the user manual is not very forthcoming.
There is a JV 1010 patch editor from Sound Quest and from the look of it the engine is the same old Roland one with editable TVA and TVF envelopes.

So it is do-able .

All the best
Royce
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Yes, the JV-1010 has ADSR envelopes, filters, LFOs, etc. that can all be edited. However, the JV-1010 manual only mentions parameters that can be edited from the unit itself, and does not mention the many parameters that are available when connecting to a computer. There were a few editors created by third parties, many free, like ChangeIt! (available here http://www.planet-groove.com/programs.html ) or like the one you mention.
For a little history:
Before it was discontinued, Roland actually shipped a software editor/librarian on a disc with the JV-1010, SoundDiver by Emagic. Emagic was soon acquired by Apple, and SoundDiver was discontinued, as they focused on Logic. However, you can still find a free copy of its last version 3.0.5.2 on the net. I still use it today with some of my old hardware, as I think it was the best. Yes, better than SQuest.
jv1010midi

Post by jv1010midi »

Hi, I did download the sounddiver a while back, but all I got was an annoying babylon toolbar and websearch that's extremely persistent (have even deleted registry keys for it that I could find, opening a new tab or window still defaults to its menacing search page).

So no sound diver.

I'm trying at least to use Changeit! But have come to realize that the current setup won't work, if I'm correct. Midi cables in/out from midi keyboard to the JV, but audio cables out from the JV to the audio interface that then plugs into the computer itself. Audio doesn't transmit any patch information or parameter info, duh, doofus me..