SAMPLES FOR XV5080

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
gorky

SAMPLES FOR XV5080

Post by gorky »

Hi,
I'm looking now over 2 years samples for my XV 5080.
What I'm looking for is samples from acoustic instruments, traditional, mandolin, buzuki, flutes, tambura.. ..and similar.
Does any one who have module have such samples for sell?
Looked on ebay, but ther is only samples xv5080, but I don't need that..
Anyway wich type of sample is used in XV5080?
I had Fanton X6 befaore and those samples sound strange and loops are not corrrect.
Regards
SoundworldA.D.

Re: SAMPLES FOR XV5080

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

A few questions gorky. Do you already have any of the World expansion boards installed in your 5080? Because a lot of those instruments you mention are in there. Since the XV-5080 can handle either the SR-JV80 or SRX boards, these would include SR-JV80-05 (World) and SR-JV80-14 (World Collection Asia) and the SRX-09 (World Collection).

The other question is do you have a CD ROM hooked to your 5080 via the SCSI port? You will need this to allow loading of the Roland S-700, Akai S1000/3000 or AIFF/WAV libraries into the 5080. Another good source of sample data is Spectrasonics who produce many high quality samples on CD ROMS.

The last question is have you upgraded your 5080 memory with SIMM's? You will need at least 16MB of additional memory but the more the better. There are two SIMM slots and you can add up to 128MB of additional memory with two 64MB SIMM's.

Best regards,
.:':.DH.:':.
gorky

Re: SAMPLES FOR XV5080

Post by gorky »

Hi,
Hi DH!
No, I don't have world expansion sr-jv card.
It's expensive on ebay still. Maybe some day... :)
I have upgraded my module fuly with 128 mb simm memory
I would like to add samples like people use in Fantom or similar synths from Roland.
I try to put from Fantom X6 but ''loops'' are not good and I lost my mind trying to correct that, I think it's impossible to do, btw!
From area that I come from we use also traditional instruments (like Italians have madolin) we have bisernica, or prim , brach,- trem kind of traditional instruments with strings. People that play Korg can found samples probably in butcher shop ;)
It's so much harder for XV5080.
I don't have scsi external drive... I wish someone had some samples like from D-50, U-20, as well, so I can load them in XV5080.