External CD-ROM for xv-5080

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
welroland

External CD-ROM for xv-5080

Post by welroland »

I have a XV-5080 that I would like to bring in samples from the Roland L-CDX series sample cds that I have just purchased. I hooked up an external scsi CD-ROM that I have been using with my Yamaha A3000 sampler (so I know that the unit works), but when I hook the unit to the XV-5080, it shows up at power up (scsi ID 2), put using the DISK/LOAD procedure, no data is listed. Any suggestions? Thanks.
bluesplayer

Re: External CD-ROM for xv-5080

Post by bluesplayer »

Sorry don't get her much anymore but have you gotten it to work?

I am no SCSI expert and the ONLY SCSI's I've ever used are the ones connected to a few samplers and the only one I have left IS the XV-5080. But it has been connected for years so I have not worked with the tech details in a long, long time and I almost never use the SCSI CD ROM anymore. For grins and NOT to insult you but…

I assume you read Users manual page 185 - how to connect and how to load (by selecting Disk, F1- Load, F1 Drive and you have selected the correct SCSI port for the CD ROM? And Page 239 about the SCSI???

Good Luck
welroland

Re: External CD-ROM for xv-5080

Post by welroland »

Thanks for the reply. I purchased a refurbished scsi CD drive, and the sample cd's load properly.