Converting sr-jv80 04-08 to SRX7

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Mugnaio

Converting sr-jv80 04-08 to SRX7

Post by Mugnaio »

I bought a SRX07 and now I want sell my old Sr-JV80-04 and 08 but first I need to renew my patches.
I wrote a program that patch the .SVD files changing every tone that use the old card, to a tone using the new SRX.
All I need now is also to save the presets of the card (for example the patches on EXP:A )to a SVD. I could make by hand saving every single patch to a new created svd file but it is slow. There is a better way?
Thank you.
rcraven

Re: Converting jv04-08 to SRX7

Post by rcraven »

Midi Quest will do this for you, but as you are able to write a program just output a bank message for the card then patch change from 0 to 128 and request a download each of the patches that are now in the edit buffer.

I'm not sure what a SN-JV-04 is but I did a lot of conversions for JV-80 cards
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36711

All the best
Royce
Mugnaio

Re: Converting jv04-08 to SRX7

Post by Mugnaio »

rcraven wrote:
I'm not sure what a SN-JV-04
ok I modified the wrong text
I mean "Vintage Synth" (04) and "Sound of '60 '70" (08) expansions SN-JV series. All the tones of these cards are present in the newer SRX07 but they are mapped in a different way.

I did'nt ever worked with midi (for now my program is very simple. It scans the SVD file and substitutes any occurrence of a tone of old cards with the corresponding tone on the SRX07) so I will check Midi Quest first. Thank you.