Need to upgrade My choirs Library

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
symphonicmind

Need to upgrade My choirs Library

Post by symphonicmind »

Hi to all guys, Im new to the forum.
I recently bought a Kurzweil PC3 and super very happy with it.
However I still need other type of sounds, like world and choirs. I would like to have your opnions regarding on buying an old JV 880 with the Vocal expansion, is it good? To bad that does support only 1 expansion card, I would like to add asian and world =S. I know there are other modules that accept more cards, but my money is limted right now so I may buy the module with 1 expansion, and since my priority right now is Choirs, I wonder how good is that vocal expansion.

Thanks to all
SoundworldA.D.

Re: Need to upgrade My choirs Library

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

The sounds on the Vocal Expansion are superlative since many if not all of the vocal samples were licensed from Spectrasonics, and Eric Persing is a sample master who simply does not put out bad product.

The only knock on the expansion board is that it is kind of limited to scat jazz oohs and aahs, daps and baps, and Gregorian type choirs. I love those sounds and but I always end up wishing there were more than just 130 or so patches.

The very helpful and excellent site Synthmania has put 20 samples from the SR JV80-13 expansion board up for you so you will know what to expect.

http://www.synthmania.com/sr-jv80-13.htm

I still want to get the Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices and Vocal Planet sample CD's. They're not cheap, but there are several hundred cutting edge samples on those.

Best regards,
.:':.DH.:':.