XV 5080 system update issues

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
fraserhutch

XV 5080 system update issues

Post by fraserhutch »

Hi all.

I have an XV 5050 that is currently running OS 1.20. I am trying to update it to 1.30 but when I reboot using the prescribed DEC-C key combination (for smart media) or DEC-A for midi I end up stuck with a black blackish screen. This occurs either when I try to boot to update via midi by pressing DEC A while booting or via smartmedia while pressing DEC-C.

Otherwise, the unit works fine. I am trying to update so that I can access more that 128 patches on my SRX cards.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Fraser
fraserhutch

Re: XV 5080 system update issues

Post by fraserhutch »

Arg. Figured it out, sort of - The black screen is a really high contrast screen - if I look at it very closely the characters are present but extremely dim against the dark background.
Solitary man

Re: XV 5080 system update issues

Post by Solitary man »

Just updated my XV5080 to 1.30 via smart media card and had the same issue with the black screen. I thought it was fried until I looked really close and noticed the writing on the screen! Did the update and it now works a treat. Only issue I have found is when controlled via my Yamaha MOXF8 I can't seem to get the patches to change in order.

IE; I press INC on the MOXF and the XV5080 goes from 1-4 instead of 1-2.

In the throws of trying to sort it out, maybe a factory reset might do the trick?