XP-80 MiDI Out Not Working

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Ptel

XP-80 MiDI Out Not Working

Post by Ptel »

I have an xp-80 with a MiDI out problem. Everything else works on the keyboard, the keybed is fine, sound engine works, MiDI in, no sign of red epoxy problem, etc.

When I plug the MiIDI out from the keyboard into my motu interface the motu midi in light stays illuminated. Normally it would only blink when data is coming in and remain off when idle. I have tried to view what it is sending via MIDI-Ox but nothing appears in the log. The MiIDI in light on my interface illuminates as soon as the keyboard is powered on, before the boot screen etc.

I have tested my interface and cables and know that is not the issue. MIdI in to the keyboard from my daw or another controller also works fine. I have tried a factory reset, pitch/mod wheel calibration and replacing the mainboard battery but the problem persists.

I inherited the keyboard and aside from this issue it is in superb condition and was in its box for the last 5-10 years. I had hoped to use it as my primary controller as I get along with the keybed nicely. Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be? I've searched for and tried about everything I can think of. I wouldn't be opposed to taking it to a service center, but if it's the mainboard I suspect id be better off looking elsewhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!