looking for jx305 users

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Reinald

looking for jx305 users

Post by Reinald »

Hi Folks,

I'm a happy new ownder of a JX305 and started to dig into that box. Are there still active users around here? I would like to get some tips what the smartest way is to prepare it for life performance.

Is there any configuration to load the last situation (patch, song, RPS setting oder Pattern set) after power off? Would make it safer in life environments where you can loose power sometimes, to get back right where the synth was switched off.

- My background is more traditional pop/rock performance with songs (compared to dance/techno/electronica). Is there any structure available where I can have the complete configuration like "RPS-Set B12, keyboard split at C4, Sound lower = C12, Sound upper = D24" preconfigured so I recall just that one setting to load everything to perform some particular song?

- When I create a song in the jx305 (which is a sequencer configuration and not a keyboard config, if I understand it right), it assigns the Sound of the first part to the keyboard. Is that a fixed setting or can I choose which part is assigned to the keyboard for life performance? I think it makes sense to use the same parts in a pattern for the same things, like part 8 is always drums. But in some song I would like to have the bass on keyboard for life playing, in others the piano or a synth lead, but if I have to assign that voice always to part 1 it would mess up any system you try to follow.

- these days I would like to prepare midi-snippets in my DAW and load it to the jx305 as patterns for RPS or as patterns. How can I achieve that best?

thanks for any hint,
Reinald
tempo0310

Re: looking for jx305 users

Post by tempo0310 »

Hi Reinald,

I only recently got one of these machines (broken) on ebay and fixed it. I have a bit of experience on the MC-505 which is similar in structure. I don't think I can help you right now but it's always good to know someone who also has one :)

Greetings

Thorsten
Reinald

Re: looking for jx305 users

Post by Reinald »

Hi Thorsten,
thanks for replying, atm I'm busy with too much with business and a relocation anyway to dive deeper into that, but I found already a MC 505 addendum that seems to answer some of my questions. I'm going to try that hints next months, hoping that some of it works (since the JX 305 seems to be a MC 505 with keyboard).

greets
Reinald