JV 2080 Sounds via, Arranger Keyboard

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
subhap

JV 2080 Sounds via, Arranger Keyboard

Post by subhap »

Greetings Universe!

I use JV 2080 for all of my music score production. I use an arranger to program and sounds from JV 2080 with all 8 expansion boards filled. The expansion boards I have are: Session, Asia, Orchestral, Dance, Bass&Drums, Hip-Hop, World and Vintage Synth.

All of my music is Originals and I build all of the sequences from scratch.

Album title: The New Illusions: Link: https://soundcloud.com/the-new-illusions
Download link: http://seacliffrecords.com/

Music influences or similar artists: Enigma, Jens Gad, Thierry David, Yanni, Keiko Matsui....
wakerickman

Re: JV 2080 Sounds via, Arranger Keyboard

Post by wakerickman »

hi, ive been browsing the furum trying to get a solution to a problem and was, just wondering, as you say you extensively use a jv2080 if you could help me with a problem with my simerler jv880. of witch i have posted . problem being how do i reboot/reset from scratch as it has compleatly crashed out, what i need to know is how, [if it is possable] to do it by pressing [witch] buttons and holding down while powering up as there is no mention haw in the manuel, and i believe that [just like my other keyboards are able to do - in there manuels] it should be possable to do such a thing on the jv880 as well. i am, obviosly, unable to do the 1st kind of reset ie with moduel turned on and selecting factory reset etc as the display doesnt light up and no sound comes out at all , though its leds do light up. so if you can help on this matter it would be greatfully appreatiated cheers wakerickman
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Usually you just need to type in jv2080 factory reset into Google.
Here's one that comes up from Sweetwater.

The following procedure can be used to clear the internal memory and reload the factory settings on the JV-2080:

(CAUTION: All USER information will be lost. Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep.)

1. Press UTILITY.

2. Press F6 two times to select Menu 3. Press F1.

3. Press F6 to restore the factory settings. If necessary, turn the VALUE dial to switch Memory Protect OFF and press F6 two times.

All the best
Royce
wakerickman

Post by wakerickman »

hi royce thanx for your reply, but not as helpfull as i know you would like it to be. if you read my post you will see that i cannot do as you sugest as my jv880 is just abowt dead. the display doesnt light up [though the leds do - and no sound at all , the midi reception light does still flash when i play a note on my midi keyboard and. i know exactly how to reset factory settings [ its in the manuel] if the jv880 lights up and works so that i can effect the display ie turning off program protect etc, but of course thats impossable to do in my situation . any way thanx for your intrest, but i have decided to send back to shop [all ready boxed up - foning them tomorrow] as they give 3 months warranty and ive only had it 6 weeks cheers wakerickman