Technical details for JD800 faders.

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Tekhed66

Technical details for JD800 faders.

Post by Tekhed66 »

Hi all

Can anyone please provide me with the specific technical details to replace the faders on a JD800 synth?

I have recently spent $$$ on getting my synth cleaned ... the technician did an excellent job and turned a completely unusable synth into something that is usable (the faders were very dirty and it was prone to self edit just by looking at it...)

Unfortunately, the synth occasionally still self edits... not anywhere as often but it still happens.

I've found a site online that sells many different types of sliding potentiometers but I don't know the technical specs of the Roland gear ... the site asks for the following info:
resistance
travel
power rating
voltage rating
tolerance
termination style
taper.

There are 53 faders on the synth so I dont know if it will be feasible to replace all of them. I found an ad on ebay where a someone was selling supposed original JD800 faders for just over $15 a go ... too expensive for me.

I'd appreciate any help or advice.

cheers
Valentine10

Re: Technical details for JD800 faders.

Post by Valentine10 »

Hi,

These are the partnumbers:

Potentioslider stereo ref: EWA-NAO x 05B14 part number: 13359366 (volume)
Potentioslider with centerstop ref: EWA-NPK x A3B15 part number: 13339483 (24 needed)
Potentioslider ref: EWA-NPE x 05B15 part number: 13339481 (35 needed)

They are all '100KB' sliders but the volume is 10KBX2. You can find some pictures but I don't know the dimensions etc. Maybe if you google the ref no you can find the info.

The JD-800's servicemanual can be found on synfo.nl
Tekhed66

Re: Technical details for JD800 faders.

Post by Tekhed66 »

You Sir / Madam , are a STAR!!!!

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!