Super JV 1080 - Play Mate mod source

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
mrcrappypants

Super JV 1080 - Play Mate mod source

Post by mrcrappypants »

Can anyone explain how this works exactly? The manual's description doesn't help me much.
PaleSkinnySwede

Re: Super JV 1080 - Play Mate mod source

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Page 51 describes it pretty well, I think.

If "Playmate" is active, the time between the previous note on and this note on is set to be the delay time.

But I looked it up in the JV-2080 manual instead hoping they've tried to explain it in a revised fashion; and they have! Here's what the Hitchhiker's Gu... I mean... the JV-2080 has to say about "Playmate":

"If less than 2 seconds elapses from when the previous key was pressed until the next key is pressed, the Tone will sound at that time interval. The Time setting will specify whether this interval will be the delay time, or whether the delay will be twice or 1/2 of this interval. If the interval is greater than 2 seconds, the Tone will not sound."

So I tried an look for the same function on the XV-5080 (I don't have one, but I have the manual for it - don't ask). But it appears that the "Playmate" function have been removed and is only present in the JV models (1080, 2080). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Hope it helped a bit at least :)